I have talked in the past about the ongoing exhibition taking place at Somerset House (London), where Andy Gotts MBE is displaying a collection of photos of BAFTA nominees and winners. I enjoyed it so much that I decided that going there once was not enough, so I visited it again this week, before part of it moves to Piccadilly right before next Sunday’s awards.
This time, I decided to take photos of something that I really liked of the exhibition: the walls. Well, not the walls themselves, but what they contained.
Each photo-less wall had a quote from a movie, usually from one starring a thespian whose portrait was in that room. I struggled with some, but I will leave the photos here for you to guess.
The solutions are shown by clicking on the photo. Don’t google them, try to solve it by yourself!
Sorry about the quality, I am not the best photographer…
1. “Do you think we choose the times into which we are born? Or do we fit the times we are born into?”
2. “I got the motive which is money and the body which is dead”
3. “Esteem him? Like him? Use those insipid words again and I shall leave the room this instant”
4. “The only big fight we’ve had in years is about whether to go back into couples therapy”
5. “I’m worried about my daughters. I think there’s something wrong with them”
6. “You know what I am doing, Miss Kenton? I am placing my thoughts elsewhere while you chatter away”
7. “Did you know that Macbeth was a maggoty apple? Not many people know that!”
8. “… a sieve of thisted siffles!”
9. “… he thought that the Gettysburg Address was where Lincoln lived”